But this morning, I woke up with the sort of cold that in my pre-children days would have had me phoning in sick, not even needing to put on a sick voice. Duvet days are just not an option with 2 little livewires in tow, especially when those little livewires are both ill too. What's a mummy to do?
Well, here are my top tips for surviving a sick day.
- Insist on a nap - Princess gave up her naptime a while ago but I made it clear today that if she was staying home from preschool then she had to have a nap. We all had a lie down together on my big bead and eventually they were both asleep. Ok, so I didn't really get a sleep, but just lying down with no one needing anything was just what the doctor ordered!
- Relax the rules- There were several rules relaxed today, mainly to do with screentime. Princess was allowed to play children's apps on my Kindle today for longer than usually allowed, as long as she stayed in bed, while I got Grapie dressed and ready. Also as a very special treat she was allowed to eat her lunch on the sofa with Cbeebies on (this never happens in our house, I always insist on eating at the table).
- Have some treats- Mainly edible treats, today's favourite was pirate biscuits! Even Grapie had a bit!
- Printables- Easy, almost instant fun! Activity Village is a fab website for all sorts of printables. We also printed some pictures of pirates, stuck them to lollipop sticks to make puppets, and Princess did us a puppet show
- Movies- Disney was just made for sick days, snuggle up on the sofa, enjoy and they might even fall asleep (mine didn't).