Pages

Wednesday 6 November 2013

It's National Stress awareness day today. I'm already pretty aware of my stress levels. At good times they are high, when the girls are both playing up, stress levels ate through the roof! Of course the main reason for this is the fact that I haven't had a decent nights sleep for 3 years now. Or the fact that I can't even have a shower in peace, never mind a relaxing soak in the bath. Or that 'me time' now consists of doing the washing up without being nagged! But that's life as a mum, and I wouldn't have it any other way (ok, that's a lie, I want sleep!)

But as a typical mum, I am great at putting everyone else's needs before my own, but that's not necessarily a great idea all the time. Stressed mummy equals kids playing up, picking up on it, knowing that your attention is somewhere else, and acting up accordingly. Or at least this is what happens in my house.

Last Christmas, I wad given a voucher for an evening with my partner at Nirvana Spa, which I hadn't got round to booking, mainly due to not wanting to leave Grapie. But she is 14 months old now and I think thats probably long enough for me to deserve an evening out. So I have now booked my date to go, next month on my birthday, and as my other half is coming too it will also be our first date night since Grapie was born!


I have never been to Nirvana Spa before and I'm really looking forward to going, the facilities look amazing and we are having a floatation treatment to, which involves floating in a mineral rich pool in a state of total relaxation

But the thing I'm looking forward to most is closing my eyes, lying back and relaxing without anyone shouting MMMUUUUUMMMMMYYYYYYYYY!





No comments:

Post a Comment