Pages

Tuesday 15 October 2013

when will I get some sleep?

Regular readers of my blog may have noticed that there is a sleep deprived theme to some of my posts, mainly as Grapie is the worlds worst sleeper! She was diagnosed with silent reflux when she was around 4 months old, and at 13 months has never even come close to what anyone in their right mind would consider a good nights sleep.

She writhes around in her sleep in discomfort, wakes up screaming and never stays asleep for more than a 2 hour stretch. To say we are sleep deprived is an understatement.

So yesterday, after many visits to my gp, we finally went for an appointment with a paediatrician and part of me went with high hopes of a miracle solution.

But after a good examination the doctor told us that she couldn't find anything wrong with her. Now obviously this is great news that my baby doesn't have a serious illness and doesn't need to have tests, which I was really quite worried about. But where does it leave us?

She is clearly uncomfortable at night time but with the doctor saying that its just something she will have to grow out of where do we go from here and how will we get through many more months with such little sleep?

If anyone can help in any way or has been through this and survived please let me know, thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment